[racket] need feedback on syntax-expanding/rewriting image-snips

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 9 16:48:08 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> I think you should be working with the wxme library, not with image
> snips directly. Did you investigate that?

Implicitly, that's being done for me.  I'm depending
read-accept-reader to do the right thing when I read wxme-encoded
source programs.  Trying to deal with the file as a raw wxme-encoded
file seems unnecessarily low-level, since I know that the source
program is readable with read-syntax.

zo-parse does not work on compiled-code values directly, nor does it
work when given the input port of the original source program.  It
only works when given an input port containing compiled bytecode.
That's why there is this extra, involved step where I compile to
bytecode, and then attempt to push that bytecode into a port.

Posted on the users mailing list.