[racket] Typed racket and sort

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 3 18:55:13 EDT 2011

Sometimes that error is because your compiled files are out of date with
your source files. Typically this only happens when you modify the files
tho. If that really is the problem, running "raco setup" from the command
line should fix the problem (once it completes).

Robby

On Wednesday, August 3, 2011, Norman Gray <norman at astro.gla.ac.uk> wrote:

> Vincent, hello.
>
> On 2011 Aug 3, at 20:17, Vincent St-Amour wrote:
>
>>> I suspect I'm not grokking something important about polymorphic
>>> functions, but I don't know what.
>>
>> Inference does not currently work well with function that take keyword
>> arguments. The solution in cases like this, is to instantiate the type
>> variables manually:
>>  ((inst sort String String) ss string<?)
>> Here, you're making explicit that you're using sort to sort a list of
>> Strings, and that Strings will be used as keys.
>
> Thanks -- this makes sense.  And works.
>
> ----
>
> While I'm on the subject of typed/racket, I've been trying 5.1.2's
DrRacket with #lang typed/racket, without success.

> In a freshly-opened DrRacket, if I have nothing but "#lang typed/racket"
in the top window, and press 'Run', I get in the interactions window:

>> Welcome to DrRacket, version 5.1.2 [3m].
>> Language: typed/racket; memory limit: 128 MB.
>> link: module mismatch, probably from old bytecode whose dependencies have
changed: variable not provided (directly or indirectly and at the expected
position) from module:
"/Data/LocalApplications/Racket/5.1.2/collects/typed-scheme/tc-setup.rkt"
accessed from module:
"/Data/LocalApplications/Racket/5.1.2/collects/typed-scheme/core.rkt" at
source phase level: 0 in: parse-invis-kw6.1