[racket] Off topic: OS X desktop

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 2 15:51:07 EDT 2011

I sat down with Eli earlier and took a look at what was going on.
It's quite perplexing.  He did everything right to switch his
background, but no matter what he clicked, the actual background
wouldn't change.  Eventually, by changing resolution, he was able to
get it to a solid blue, but then he was apparently stuck with that
instead.  Our best guess was that OS X does not deal well with VNC
displays that have no corresponding physical monitor.

Eli, I forget, did you try the "Detect Displays" button at any point?
If you haven't, that might sync up the OS with the fact that a virtual
display is now connected, when it wasn't at boot-up.

Carl Eastlund