[racket] Query for Gregory Woodhouse

From: Hendrik Boom (hendrik at topoi.pooq.com)
Date: Tue Apr 19 15:30:20 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 09:17:09AM +0100, Paul Ellis wrote:

> Dear  Gregory Woodhouse
>

> Unrelated to Racket - I'm interested in the Geometry of 2 Complex
> Dimensions ("G2CDs") and came across your 2006 post:

Somewhere I have a hand-written manuscript my father wrote in the late
40's in Dutch -- a course on two-dimensional analytic projective
geometry.  I believe somewhere in there he mentions using complex
numbers as coordinates and having imaginary points -- this in the
section on poles and polars.

He aimed it at those senior high-school students that were streamed into
a mathematical/scientific direction -- it's at a rather higher level
than high schools here in Canada.

I don't think he does spinors at all.

Is this of any interest?

I've been planning to scan it and contribute it to the Dutch wikibooks,
hoping to crowdsource the transcription into machine-readable format.
If you're interested, it will gove me an incentive to hurry this along a
bit.

-- hendrik