[racket] sxml parsing

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Sep 28 17:36:06 EDT 2010

Each time you evaluate the "(sxpath ...)" it does a lot of computation
to contruct a query procedure that actually can be used many times.  So
you probably want to construct the query procedure only once, like:

(define my-sxpath-for-some-name-text (sxpath
"tag/tag2[$i]/tag3/name/text()"))

Also, as you do more processing of XML with the SXML tools, having
awareness of what's happening mechanically can make your Racket program
a lot faster than what a Java programmer would or could do.  When
working with XML in Racket, I often mix "sxpath" with "sxml-match" and
normal Racket list processing functions.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/