[racket] Is there a name for: (lambda (x) (x)) ?

From: Tim Brown (tim.brown at cityc.co.uk)
Date: Thu Sep 23 10:27:40 EDT 2010

On 23/09/10 14:23, Robby Findler wrote:
> I just write (λ (t) (t)) when it happens to me. It doesn't really seem
> like it needs a separate name (but maybe I'm in a bit too deep).
> Robby

I wondered whether there was a more "cultural" reason for insisting that
*somewhere* in the program there is a need to type: (λ (t) (t))

Remind us of our roots, or something. (Or is it an in joke?)


Tim Brown <tim.brown at cityc.co.uk>  | City Computing Limited            |
T: +44 20 8770 2110                | City House, Sutton Park Road      |
F: +44 20 8770 2130                | Sutton, Surrey, SM1 2AE, GB       |
BEAUTY:  What's in your eye when you have a bee in your hand           |
City Computing Limited registered in London No. 1767817.
Registered Office: City House, Sutton Park Road, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 2AE
VAT number 372 8290 34.

Posted on the users mailing list.