[racket] TR error message

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 22 09:53:22 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 8:25 AM, Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu> wrote:
> That is, the others are surely subsumed by some more
> general type, and the error message can merely print the "least
> subsumed" type(s) relative to the arguments.

Yes, definitely.  That's what I meant by:

> Of course, in this case the last case subsumes all of the
> others for the purposes of this particular error, so it should be the
> only one displayed.

For the case of `<', it's easy to see what we should do.  For the case
of `+', it's more problematic, since the result type is different in
almost every case, but there are still way too many cases to show the
user. I'm still unsure what the right solution is in general.
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.