[racket] Hosting other languages on Racket

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 15:14:39 EDT 2010

I don't think any generate bytecode.

My personal opinion is that this is a sign of a good thing.

Languages target the JVM because targeting Java is so painful, so we
should not be surprised that people DON'T do it.

Targeting Racket is designed to be easy with the syntactic extension
system, so we should not be surprised that people do it.

However, I do hope that people find Blake's work on providing a Racket
API for the bytecode to be a convenient way to interact with bytecode
for the purpose of analysis and arbitrary generation.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>
http://teammccarthy.org/jay