[racket] Survey of Syntax and Hygienic Macro Systems?

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 21 13:41:06 EDT 2010

> Me: AST level <=> s-expressions.

Not true.  S-expressions are one step removed from true abstract
syntax.  The conveyor of the former into the latter is parse.

> So here's my question: is there a good *survey* of syntax & hygienic
> macro systems that tries to provide some insight into what we've
> learned?   I don't think PLAI or 2nd edition EoPL try to do this.

PLAI could do better.  It doesn't approach this material in a very
comparative way.  Since I'm working on moving the rest of PLAI to be
more comparative as well, maybe this will follow more naturally.

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.