[racket] [REMINDER] Boston Lisp Meeting: Monday 2010-09-20 Hari Prashanth on Functional Data Structures for Typed Racket

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 20 08:43:39 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 3:22 AM, Neil Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:
>> Scheme provides [...], but little in the way of library support.
>
> For the record, I think that line is a bit dated.  It's a good line for
> hustling the CL people in the audience, though. :)

In terms of support strictly for *functional* programming, I think
it's true.  Racket is better in this area, but I don't think we're
there yet.  We've got lists, which we all know and love, and now
hashes and sets.  That's about it in terms of functional data
structures, which is part of why Hari and I have worked on this
project - hopefully it will result in a bunch more in the core.
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.