[racket] DrRacket performance

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 19 05:34:26 EDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 07:02, wooks . <wookiz at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am running Racket on a Windows PC with an Ubuntu partition (10.4 or
> whatever the latest version is called).
> DrRacket tends to become unresponsive after it's been running for about an
> hour (I'm talking 15 minute response time). Worse it tends to make my whole
> system seize up. The problem seems to especially manifest if run debug.
> I remember reporting this on Windows a while back and some other people
> said they experienced the same. Is anybody experiencing this on Ubuntu.

I use DrRacket both on Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows (XP and Vista), and have no
such problem.
I sometimes restart DrRacket but only after a few days of usage when it
takes too much memory (generally because a dozen tabs are open).
However I rarely use the Debug run mode.
Maybe you can look at the memory and CPU consumption?
Depending on what code you're running, DrRacket can be sometimes quite
greedy on memory.