[racket] handy trick for "amb-collect" desired

From: Will M. Farr (wmfarr at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 12 14:16:44 EDT 2010

Stefan,

amb is a macro that chooses among the results of evaluating the expressions it is provided, so

(amb *someList*)

evaluates *someList*, resulting in a list, and chooses that.  You could define a function

(define (amb-list list)
  (if (null? list)
      (amb)
      (amb (car list)
           (amb-list (cdr list)))))

It's also possible that the amb library provides such a function, which may be implemented more efficiently; I don't know which amb library you're using, so I can't help you there.

Note that the simple solution of using

(apply amb *someList*)

will fail, since amb is a macro, not an ordinary function.  Good luck!

Will