[racket] problems running moby from source

From: keydana at gmx.de (keydana at gmx.de)
Date: Sun Oct 31 12:56:03 EDT 2010

Hi Danny,

thanks for the information, I will definitely check it out!
Speaking of "checking out", should I check out the 'mzc' branch to be able to more conveniently inspect the code from under the 'phone' directory, or will this be merged into the 'master' branch?
(I've only worked with cvs and svn till now, so I don't know the developing practices under git)

Ciao,
Sigrid

Am 30.10.2010 um 18:17 schrieb Danny Yoo:

>> sorry for possibly being too impatient - but could anyone just tell me if Moby for Android is being further maintained/developed and what the current state would be?
>> The thing is, I got so much involved in thinking about developing something for Android now, I could also imagine helping develop the Android interface code further (like e.g. for the "location" stuff I mentioned) if that was welcome :-)
>
> Yes, I'm releasing a new version of Moby in a few hours that uses the
> new js-vm runtime I've been developing.  It should be more easily
> extensible through Javascript foreign-function interface extensions.
> For example, see:
>
>    http://github.com/dyoo/moby-scheme/blob/mzc/phone/location.rkt
>
> and:
>
>    http://github.com/dyoo/moby-scheme/blob/mzc/phone/tilt.rkt
>
> where we hook into the geolocation and accelerometer libraries without
> having to code the whole module in Javascript itself.  We've been
> using Phonegap to add Javascript hooks to Android methods, and so if
> we want to get at more of the Android-specific features, the place to
> start would be to see if Phonegap already exposes those features to
> us.

Posted on the users mailing list.