[racket] Transparent area's

From: Christophe Vandenberghe (chvndb at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 10:41:32 EDT 2010

Even with a transparent canvas the problem persists. A transparent canvas just adds the background color of it's parent to a bitmap you add. So If you were to put a background image in the canvas that would be fine, but as soon as you want to add another image to it with transparency, the canvas adds the color of the parent background to the transparent pixels. So Again you get the grey box effect. But even then it is not what I wish to do as you cannot add buttons and such to a canvas. I'll just avoid transparent images for the time being. Looking forward for ht enew toolkit.

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers,

Chris