[racket] Are there any functional structs in Racket

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Wed Oct 20 14:44:38 EDT 2010

Tony Garnock-Jones wrote at 10/20/2010 02:35 PM:
> Neil Van Dyke wrote:
>> The only reason I'm not 100% thrilled by abbreviating it as
>> "person/age" is that that identifier is just a punctuation character
>> rotated 45 degrees away from the getter, "person-age".
>
> That (quasisymmetry) was one of the things I liked about it :-)
>
>    (person-age p)
>    (person/age p 25)

It started growing on me, once I decided that we could force people to
pronounce "person/age" aloud and in their heads as "person with age", so
that they wouldn't forget or get confused.

And it's arguably also consistent with how I tend to use "/" in
procedure names.

After a cooling-off period, I'm probably going to do names this way in
my new library.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/