[racket] Emacs-style keybindings in Windows

From: Joe Snikeris (joe at snikeris.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 12:11:24 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I find the default emacs-style keybindings difficult to cope with in
Windows.  Specifically, I'm used to <Alt> filling in for <Meta> in
emacs.

I've been a good sport in trying to get used to this new editing
environment. but reaching up to <ESC> and pressing 'w' is too awkward
for something that happens as often as copying text.  I'm assuming
that <Alt> isn't available for keybindings in DrRacket since it is
used for accessing the menus.

How have others coped with this issue?

Does anyone have a keybinding definition file they might recommend?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

Posted on the users mailing list.