[racket] How to use typed/racket within Emacs and scheme top level ???

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Mon Oct 18 15:06:36 EDT 2010

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote at 10/18/2010 11:43 AM:
> Typed Racket is designed to be used in modules.  The REPL is supported for simple interactions, but the form-at-a-time nature makes some things much harder, and some things impossible (such as mutually-recursive functions).  Since some of these issues make documentation examples harder, the situation may improve, but I can't guarantee it.

It would be good to see Typed Racket support the REPL as much as possible.

REPL support is not as important to me as performance improvements.  But
there is a Lisp tradition of making toplevel and REPLs work, using dirty
tricks if necessary, and people do like their REPLs.

(I naively assume that you could even do mutually-recursive functions in
a REPL, by using placeholders and deferring some of the checking til
you've seen all the pertinent definitions.)

Posted on the users mailing list.