[racket] Racket and music

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Sat Oct 16 22:32:06 EDT 2010

On Oct 16, 2010, at 3:56 PM, Sébastien Cano wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm a beginner in Racket and I plan to make a rhythm game.
> Do you think it is possible? Would it be easy?
> I don't know where to start from.
> The program has to analyze sounds, and that's the hard part...

Attached please find a screenshot--though the mailing list may not let it through--of some of the sound analysis available in rsound.plt, a planet package that I'm developing and using with my class. It is emphatically not real-time at the moment, and would therefore be more of a starting point for your game than anything else, but you might be interested; this picture shows a piano waveform, a zoomed version of the same, and a picture of the evolution of the FFT over time.

John Clements