[racket] Fundamentals

From: Mathew Kurian (bluejamesbond at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 13 19:29:04 EDT 2010

Hello everybody,

Recently, I have been trying to understand a bit more about the Racket
language itself and today I hit a few questions along the way. So, here they
are:

-- Is Racket an interpreted language? If not, how does it convert
to machine/binary code?

-- In general computing, how does the random function work? How can computer
language ever create random numbers, that would be impossiible?

-- How does Racket initiate a string memory allocation? From a bunch of
controlled electrical signals to an virtual action, how does Racket achieve
this? (I am looking for a generalization of the idea, not too technical.
With some direction to start, I can go ahead and google for articles to find
for an in-depth analysis.)

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Mathew Kurian