[racket] Mailing list cross-posting

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed Oct 6 16:03:46 EDT 2010

30 minutes ago, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
> Okay, folks -- enough email on plt-edu.  If you want to follow-up,
> please take it to plt-edu-discuss.

Related to this, I have a general request:

This inevitably leads to a mess of authorizing messages from people on
one list that are not on the other.  You could argue that I could just
discard all of these -- but that leads to confusion.  For example,
Joe's message got only on one list, but since Shriram is on both, his
reply appeared on both, leaving people on the other list with a reply
to a message they didn't see.  It's true that in this case that's not
a big deal, but in general I need to know the contents and the context
to make a judgment -- and IMO judgment easily leads to censoring and
all the evilness that comes with that, so I'm very intentionally
trying to not do such things.