[racket] Unified docs on info.rkt?

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Wed Oct 6 15:37:15 EDT 2010

On Oct 6, 2010, at 12:27 PM, Danny Yoo wrote:

> Despite the Racket documentation being a quite a bit better than
> before, it still needs work.  I was having a hard time finding the
> documentation for info.rkt files this afternoon.  info.rkt is funny
> because it's a fairly generic file format, and other parts of Racket
> take advantage of its open file format.  The documentation to
> info.rkt, consequently, is really spread out across several sections.
>
> I was trying to figure out how to get a collection's compilation to
> ignore certain directories.  I know I'd done this in the past, but I
> was blanking out on the exact name and type of the info.rkt
> configuration option.  As an experiment, I put myself in the mindset
> of someone who doesn't yet know the system, to see if I could find it
> anyway.

I'm not sure I would generalize, here.  This *exact example* has gotten me about six times. I think we need a page that summarizes these, or at least add some cross-links to connect these pages.

The only reason I haven't reported this several times already is that I feel like I should just fix it myself.

John