[racket] [plt-edu] Re: SIGCSE AWARDS

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Wed Oct 6 08:36:37 EDT 2010

>> > Now I have to figure out how to get to Dallas to hear Matthias's
>> > address...
> What is the likelihood that the address will be put on-line?

I don't know about SIGCSE, but last week Matthias gave an invited talk
at the International Conference on Functional Programming (ICFP) with
the title "TeachScheme! -- A Checkpoint", and it was videotaped. Last
year's ICFP videos are online, so I expect that this year's will be too,
shortly. Of course, the audiences are quite different, and what he has
to say to a roomful of AP Java fans may be more helpful to many here
than what he has to say to a roomful of people already convinced of the
merits of functional programming. Still, I think you will find the ICFP
talk valuable (I certainly enjoyed it), and it will help fill the gap
until the SIGCSE one is available (if it is). --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.