[racket] Buttons on the toolbar don't appear

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 2 10:37:09 EDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2010, at 8:23 AM, Robby Findler wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Nadeem Abdul Hamid <nadeem at acm.org> wrote:
>>> Do other people experience these things?...
>>>
>>> Why is it that sometimes when I open a *.rkt file with  #lang racket
>>> at the top, the "check syntax" "debug" "macro stepper" buttons don't
>>> appear unless I go that top #lang line and edit it -- delete the "t"
>>> of "racket" and retype it, for instance?
>>
>> This bug I've heard about, but I'm not able to make it happen myself
>> (if you know how then I guess it would probably be easy to fix).
>
> I can confirm both bugs. They happen on occasion, but not a repeatable
> basis. (So I don't report.)

When you are in this state (the first bug), does simply moving the
mouse over where the buttons are supposed to be make them reappear
(that, or resizing the window)? Or do you have to edit #lang-line
portion of the editor? (The latter actually removes and re-installs
buttons; the former would correspond to some kind of updating bug in
the button's callbacks.)

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.