[racket] Racket 5.0.99.2 on OS X

From: Jakub Piotr Cłapa (jpc-ml at zenburn.net)
Date: Thu Nov 25 15:30:59 EST 2010

I tried to install the new Racket nightly on OS X (the previous one was
missing cairo IIRC). Unfortunately it does not work very well. I don't
really need the new version for anything right now but I though you
would like to know.

This is what I have managed to find:

1. Different (horrible) antialiased font rendering when using white text
on black background. [1]

2. Cmd- keyboard shortcuts do not work at all (no action). Surprisingly
the Cmd-, shortcut for accessing the preferences window works.

3. In preferences I can only switch tabs and click OK/Cancel. Other
buttons and drop-downs do not react to clicks. I can activate and change
some of them using the keyboard (Tabs + Space).

I removed the org.racket-lang.prefs.rktd file but it didn't help.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to debug it.

[1]: http://cl.ly/2j2g3m1o0z3i3w472S3l

--
regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa