[racket] drracket 5.0.2 does not start on Freebsd 8-stable

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 17 14:54:26 EST 2010

Do you get the same error every time? Are you running a 32-bit or
64-bit build?

Some things to try:

 * disable the JIT by setting the PLTMZNOJIT environment variable
   (in case it's a JIT problem)

 * run the CGC version instead of the 3m version (in case it's a GC
   problem); let me know if you need more information on how to try

 * build the latest development version from
   (in case is a GUI-layer problem)

At Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:04:18 +0100, Mathias Picker wrote:
> the error msg is
> set-box!: expects argument of type <mutable box>; given
> 1220200079198261331
>  === context ===
> /usr/local/lib/racket/collects/framework/main.rkt: [running body]
> /usr/local/lib/racket/collects/drracket/tool-lib.rkt: [traversing
> imports]
> /usr/local/lib/racket/collects/drracket/private/drracket-normal.rkt:
> [running body]
> /usr/local/lib/racket/collects/drracket/drracket.rkt: [running body]
> Since this seems to be an active port and I found nothing about this
> error, I assume it should work...
> How can I go on debugging this error?
> Thanks, Mathias
> P.S.: it's running in xorg 7.5, gnome (with xmonad or metacity)

Posted on the users mailing list.