[racket] Indentation in DrRacket

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Nov 14 14:55:28 EST 2010

Harry Spier wrote at 11/13/2010 08:14 PM:
> 1) Is it possible to change the indentation size in DrRacket?
> 2) Can DrRacket be set up to use the tab key to indent?

I don't know whether you're new to Lisp-parentheses languages, but it is
not-uncommon for someone brand new to want to indent code differently
from how Emacs or DrRacket do it by default.  Then it seems that the
vast majority of these people quickly convert to doing it the default
Emacs/DrRacket way.

In C-ish syntax languages, people use a 2-, 3-, or 4-space indent, or a
tab indent (with tab stops at 8 or 4 or some other number), and they
snuggle or don't snuggle curly braces, and they have indents before
and/or after unsnuggled braces, etc.  There's a lot of personal
preference and varying "coding standards" in C-ish syntax.  In
Lisp-parens languages, there's *much* more agreement on whitespace, and
instead the many differences of style and philosophy exhibit in how the
semantics of the language is used.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/