[racket] How can I measure time in nanoseconds?

From: Jakub Piotr Cłapa (jpc-ml at zenburn.net)
Date: Fri Nov 12 17:05:58 EST 2010

On 11.11.10 22:08, Horace Dynamite wrote:
> *slaps forehead*
>
> Thank you Eli & Jay. :^)
>
> Horace.
>
> On 11/11/2010 18:36, Jay McCarthy wrote:
>> In case it is not clear Horace, because it is inexact, there are
>> numbers after the decimal, representing nanoseconds, etc.

And in the case this is still not clear ;) the inexact part is not only
about formal inexactnes but about limited timer resolution as well.
Despite the CPU clock ticking more than once each nanosecond the
procesor and OS does not really count the time this accurately. On
normal OSes I would expect microsecond accuracy at best (but that is a
guess; I didn't measure).

--
regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa