[racket] howto-like text about writing DSLs?

From: keydana at gmx.de (keydana at gmx.de)
Date: Wed Nov 10 16:17:16 EST 2010

Well in spite of my great admiration for this book, that was not what I was thinking of right now :-)
I'd just like some "real life examples" of things accomplished using the techniques described in the aforementioned chapter - e.g., did they use #lang reader, #lang s-exp syntax/module-reader, or did they create a custom #lang xxx...?
OK I admit, perhaps I'd just like to read through some "fleshed-out" versions of (e.g.) the examples given in the guide, to get some ideas, see how other people proceed with such a thing :-)

Am 10.11.2010 um 21:52 schrieb Grant Rettke:

> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 2:50 PM, keydana at gmx.de <keydana at gmx.de> wrote:
>> does anyone know of a tutorial / howto - like text regarding writing DSLs?
>> I've read the "creating languages" chapter in the racket guide, but while I find it "technically understandable" I'm a bit at a loss as to
>> "what to do in order to reach which goal" - the chapter explains the technical possibilities I have, but I don't really know which to
>> choose for what purpose / "use case"...
>
> I got the impression that if you complete Shriram's PLAI you will end
> up being able to implement a DSL in an afternoon if you feel like it.

Posted on the users mailing list.