[racket] Math Guidance

From: wooks . (wookiz at hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 5 08:41:49 EDT 2010

> Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 13:43:39 +0000
> Subject: Re: [racket] Math Guidance
> From: stknig at gmail.com
> To: wookiz at hotmail.com
> CC: users at racket-lang.org
>
 > To be clear here, the Education Statistic Agency has lumped together a
> lot of IT-related courses together and the article has mistakenly
> reported this as a problem for CS graduates.   CS, to me at least,  is
> a clearly defined subset of IT primarily about algorithms & data
> structures.

Not furthering the discussion, just information for those interested.

The full report can be downloaded at

http://www.hecsu.ac.uk/

see the link "What do Graduates do? November 2010"

it gives a very detailed breakdown by sex, sector, destination and several other factors.

There is also a breakdown by sub-discipline so for IT (page 24) you can see exactly what courses the report was comprised from.