[racket] Math Guidance

From: David Yrueta (dyrueta at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 4 13:17:23 EDT 2010

Hi Luke --

I just wanted to encourage you to work through the "mathier" exercises in
Section 27.  If I remember correctly, only Sierpinski and the exercises in
the Newton's Method section needed a bit of outside research (this from
someone whose last formal math course was high-school trig).   Also,
"find-root" is hard to test if you don't know how to properly find the root
of an equation in the first place.  Other than that, I think the all the
math you need to know is in HtDP.

If you suffer from a bit of math phobia, solving these exercises is great
boost to your self confidence.  They *are* doable if you dig in a bit.  As
you can see, the people on this list are a great resource, so if you decide
to tackle them, don't be afraid to ask for help.  The reward is, in my
opinion, worth the effort.

Good luck!

Dave Yrueta