[racket] Math Guidance

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Thu Nov 4 10:42:34 EDT 2010

There are two things you need in order to become a good programmer:

1: programming skills in general (some math included)

2: Some, preferably much,  knowledge of the fields you are planning to
program for.

For example, if you wish to become a programmer in a specific field of
mathematics, you must have knowledge of those mathematics in order to
understand what you costumers want.
As another example, if you want to develop administration system, you have
to know what administration is about.
If you want to program in the field of medical diagnostics, you should have
some knowledge how doctors make their diagnoses.

Just like, in my opinion, pure sang managers are useless, pure sang
programmers are useless as well. You have to know something about the field
you are in. This holds both for programmers and managers, I think.

Jos