[racket] Math Guidance

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 3 17:42:30 EDT 2010

I imagine you'll get an interesting set of answers for this question. My take:

- You can do the 9-5 with very little (probably none beyond high school) maths

- If you want to do interesting things, learn some maths. You'll
probably find you learn faster when you're motivated. Learn what you
need to solve your problems and after a while you'll find your
mathematical knowledge grows and it becomes interesting in its own
right.

- Discrete maths is the most common topic taught to CS students in
depts that have lame maths requirements that don't require the
standard engineering maths.

HTH,
N.

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 8:43 PM, Luke Jordan <luke.jordan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I hope that this is an appropriate topic for this mailing list. I'm in
> need of some direction...

Posted on the users mailing list.