[racket] Embedding DrRacket

From: Jukka Tuominen (jukka.tuominen at finndesign.fi)
Date: Tue Nov 2 19:25:09 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have made a lambda function that draws a frame with several panels. Now,
I've been trying to figure out how to embed DrRacket's GUI/functionality
inside one of these panels, so I could show/hide it as needed. The way
DrRacket gathers all bits and mixins in the initializing process, seems
overwhelming to me (I'm not a programmer). I managed to get a simple
scheme:text% editor working, which does some of the things I need, but I
really need fully functional IDE in order to avoid constant copy/pasting
between this app and DrRacket.

As far as I have understood, the menus require frame as their parent, but is
there a way to create a bundle of some kind I could just give a panel as a
parent?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

br, jukka

|  J U K K A   T U O M I N E N
|  m a n a g i n g   d i r e c t o r  M. A.
|
|  Finndesign  Kauppiaankatu 13, FI-00160 Helsinki, Finland
|  mobile +358 50 5666290
|  jukka.tuominen at finndesign.fi  www.finndesign.fi

Posted on the users mailing list.