[plt-scheme] Boston Lisp Meeting: Monday 2010-05-24 Marc Battyani on Leveraging Common Lisp and FPGAs for ultra high performance computing

From: Francois-Rene Rideau (fare at tunes.org)
Date: Thu May 20 17:51:25 EDT 2010

                             Boston Lisp Meeting:
                               Monday 2010-05-24
 Marc Battyani on Leveraging Common Lisp and FPGAs for ultra high performance
                                   computing

                    http://fare.livejournal.com/156739.html

A Boston Lisp Meeting will take place on Monday, May 24th 2010 at 1800 at MIT
34-401B. Marc Battyani will speak about Leveraging Common Lisp and FPGAs for
ultra high performance computing.

Additionally, we will have two Lightning Talks. Speakers to be announced.

Note that lacking a sponsor, buffet will no longer be offered after our
meetings.

1 Marc Battyani on Leveraging Common Lisp and FPGAs for ultra high performance
computing

Programming FPGAs for high performance computing applications is a very complex
and not really well specified or even understood task and this is why the use
of Common Lisp is a key enabler for this kind of applications. We will show how
we use Common Lisp to generate code that beats C/C++ by several orders of
magnitude.

2 Lightning Talks

At every meeting, before the main talk, there are two slots for strictly timed
5-minute "Lightning Talks" each followed by 2 minutes for questions and
answers.

The slots for next meeting are still open. Step up and come talk about your pet
project! Contact me at fare at tunes.org.

3 Time and Location

The Lisp Meeting will take place on Monday, May 24th 2010 at 1800 (6pm) at MIT
34-401B.

Note that it's a new location.

MIT map: http://whereis.mit.edu/bin/map?selection=34

Google map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=
50+Vassar+St,+Cambridge,+MA+02139,+USA

Many thanks go to Alexey Radul for arranging for the room, and to MIT for
welcoming us.

4 No Dinner

We haven't been able to renew sponsorship from our usual partners for 2010, and
are not planning to have after-meeting buffet anymore at this point. An
informal group will probably gather to have dinner within walking distance of
the venue.

5 More about the Meeting

The previous Boston Lisp Meeting on Monday, April 26nd 2010 had about 15
participants. Stevie Strickland spoke about Contracts in PLT Scheme. http://
fare.livejournal.com/156188.html

We're always looking for more speakers. The call for speakers and all the other
details are at: http://fare.livejournal.com/120393.html Volunteers to give
Lightning Talks are also sought. http://fare.livejournal.com/143723.html

For more information, see our web site http://boston-lisp.org/ For posts
related to the Boston Lisp meetings in general, follow this link: http://
fare.livejournal.com/tag/boston-lisp-meeting or subscribe to our RSS feed:
http://fare.livejournal.com/data/rss?tag=boston-lisp-meeting

Please forward this information to people you think would be interested. Please
accept my apologies for your receiving this message multiple times. My
apologies if this announce gets posted to a list where it shouldn't, or fails
to get posted to a list where it should. Feedback welcome by private email
reply to fare at tunes.org.

Posted on the users mailing list.