[plt-scheme] problem running moby scheme compiler from command line

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 31 14:56:09 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 4:42 AM, jay raj <jay3dec at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey thanks ..i downloaded the new moby source and its working fine
> from the command line.
> actually i am trying to develop a scheme compiler similar to moby as
> my semester project.
> thats why i insisted on the moby source.
> although i have started reading the source its quite complicated from
> my view point.
> can u suggest me some help to give a start to developing the scheme
> compiler at a small level
> thnks in advance.

Hi Jay,

[Please do Reply to All in your email replies here to keep plt-scheme
in the conversation.]

It unfortunately got more complicated with time.  You can look at the
history in the repository to see older, simpler versions of the
compiler.

You may want to consider an interpreter first, as the initial design
was based on taking an interpreter and getting it to emit code instead
of values.  You can find some good information in PLAI:

    http://www.cs.brown.edu/~sk/Publications/Books/ProgLangs/

Posted on the users mailing list.