[plt-scheme] installation issues

From: Stephen Bloch (bloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 30 14:08:22 EDT 2010

I'm trying to install PLT Scheme onto a GNU/Linux machine to drive from a web server.  The machine is pretty stripped-down, software-wise-speaking -- I just installed a bunch of common GNU tools in order to get g++ to compile -- and in particular it doesn't have X11 installed.  As far as I know, the machine in question doesn't have a monitor, so I'll never need to display anything on it using X11.  It would be nice if I could run DrScheme on it with display on my own desktop, but I can live without that -- all I REALLY need is the ability for a Web server to run Scheme programs.

Is there an incantation I can give to compile PLT Scheme without MrEd (or anything else that requires X11)?

Stephen Bloch
sbloch at adelphi.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.