[plt-scheme] Re: question of a casual drscheme (v. 424) user

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 17 15:09:41 EDT 2010

To find the mailing list post that I originally sent to this thread I
just threw the error message into Google; automated analysis (Google)
is better than human annotation (Yahoo). So my suggestion is to do the
"link common errors to common solutions" automatically. This could be
as simple as setting up a search engine that indexes the docs and
mailing list (see Apache Solr; this is a back burner project for me).
There is then an infinite amount of effort one can expend making this
better along a number of axes. E.g. better text/link analysis
algorithms, better presentation of information, better analysis of
user behaviour.

HTH,
N.

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 4:39 PM, John Clements
<clements at brinckerhoff.org> wrote:
> I have a student here at Cal Poly, Josh Robinson, who's interested in building a tool that could collect common errors in a central database and allow users to link common errors to common solutions.  This is currently 100% vaporware, but I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has feature suggestions for such a tool.
>
> John Clements

Posted on the users mailing list.