[plt-scheme] Sources for "real-world" web applications running on plt-web-server

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 15 11:03:54 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 2:51 AM, Reginaldo J. S. Filho <xregis at gmail.com> wrote:

> * In practical terms, how do I use apache with the plt-web-server?
>   Should I just proxy the requests or use apache to serve static files
>   too? I suspect apache's performance is better for static files, but
>   don't have means to know if the added complexity (in terms of
>   configuration) pays off.

This isn't important till you hit high traffic.

> * Are there any bigger open source web apps written for PLT that you
>   can point me to?

Not that I know of.

> * Are there any practical guides on how to deploy an application to
>   production? It seems the server can be configured in many different
>   ways, and that's a good thing. On the other hand, as a beginner, I
>   feel overwhelmed with so many options.

Maybe on our blog (untyped.com/untyping). I forget if we ever wrote
about this. Though, it isn't really important. Just don't leave the
configuration or reload servlet pages accessible.

> * Are there any connection-pool-style packages that let me connect to
>   PostgreSQL with minimal hassle?

Snooze, perhaps? planet.plt-scheme.org

> * How well do JQuery, prototype, and the like, fit together with Scheme
>   code?

No problems here.

HTH,
N.