[plt-scheme] I miss end-of-time...

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 13 19:36:39 EST 2010

On Mar 13, 2010, at 2:41 PM, Mark Engelberg wrote:

> OK, I'm getting confused here.
>
> 1.  What are the important differences between stop-with and end-of-time?

'stop-with' is just a constructor for a world, meaning (stop-with 10) is just a special kind of world. You could introduce it via a definition:

(define lost-world (stop-with "you lost"))
(define won-world (stop-with "you won"))

And your event handlers could return one of these worlds as they see fit:

(define (mouse-handler w x y me) (if (= x 100) lost-world w))

;; ---

end-of-time is an imperative command that shuts down the current thread and custodian.

> 2.  Does render get called again after stop-with?

Yes. See docs.