[plt-scheme] Guzdial: "I heart HtDP"

From: Arthur Nunes-Harwitt (anh at cs.rit.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 11 10:51:15 EST 2010

> In a blog post reprinted in CACM, Mark Guzdial draws attention to ...
> ... the basic message of this research is that books like HtDP that work
> directly to provide students with the long-term memory structures that
> will help them categorize problems and solutions are much much better
> than the alternative.

   In a talk he mentioned that they tried HtDP at Georgia Tech, but weren't
satisfied with it and switched to another approach.  I intend to talk to
Mark Guzdial more about this.  Does anyone else have more information
about why HtDP was phased out at Georgia Tech?

-Arthur

Arthur Nunes-Harwitt
Computer Science Department, Rochester Institute of Technology
Room 70-3509
585-475-4916

"I don't know what the language of the future will be
called, but it will look like LISP."

This email is confidential and intended for the named recipient(s). In
the event the email is received by someone other than the recipient,
please notify the sender at anh at cs.rit.edu.

Posted on the users mailing list.