[plt-scheme] AMQP client?

From: Tony Garnock-Jones (tonyg at lshift.net)
Date: Mon Mar 1 19:59:25 EST 2010

Hi Mike,

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Michael Forster <mike at sharedlogic.ca>
wrote:
> Does anyone know of an AMQP client for Scheme?  I've googled and the
> closest thing I could find was CL-RABBIT for RabbitMQ, but I'm not
> interested in porting a CL wrapper of a Java client.

I've been interested in writing one for a while now, but haven't yet done
so. Is your interest in AMQP particularly, or would some other gateway into
a message broker be sufficient? Implementing the STOMP protocol used by
RabbitMQ('s STOMP plugin) and ActiveMQ in Scheme would be much easier than
building an AMQP client library.

On the Scheme side, I guess from the fact you're posting to this list, you
need a PLT-compatible implementation :-) so that gives a good starting point
for low-level network access. The AMQP codec itself is defined in part by a
machine-readable XML specification document, which if translated into SXML
would make an *excellent* DSL for processing by macros, for instance. It'd
be a fun project to write an AMQP codec in that style.

Regards,
  Tony
--
Tony Garnock-Jones