[racket] Racket & Netbook

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed Jun 30 14:22:38 EDT 2010

On Jun 30, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:

> Of course, you won't get Apple-level support from Acer.  But that
> cuts both ways (Acer support staff don't assume they are inherently
> more advanced genetic beings).

??

When I got the #(@^(!&* ipad, I called Apple support to ask how I can
transfer random files to it.  The guy was "helpfully" suggesting
whatever their word equivalent is -- I gave up after about 5 minutes
of me going from "files, not `documents'" through "an icon in my
laptop" and ending up with "a pile of bits".

Oh, and I also asked if there's anything that can play music in ogg
format.  He consulted with two supervisors (for no less than 10
minutes), and finally announced that I should get some software that
converts the files to mp3.

[I'm sure that some people would consider that advanced...]