[racket] Anyone using Dorodango? Any other movement towards an R6RS package system?

From: Ryan Newton (rrnewton at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 29 15:42:23 EDT 2010

http://donsbot.wordpress.com/2010/05/31/there-are-a-hell-of-a-lot-of-haskell-libraries-now-what-are-we-going-to-do-about-it/

There's a lot to be said for languages that have achieved that blissful
state where libraries can be used as comfortably from the "cloud" (package
manager) as "manually".  (With Scheme, if your project's anything like mine,
portable libraries must be bundled into the project to have any chance of
things working.  I certainly wouldn't want to have a user fetching and
"installing" them.)

PLT has PLaneT, of course, but personally I think it would be desirable to
have basic, common packages target R6RS if they can fit there comfortably.
If no one else steps up, can PLaneT be made a multi-language package
manager, as Racket is a multi-language implementation?

Perhaps those of us who want portability across other Schemes would port the
basic PLaneT tools to work with the hypothetical subset of R6RS PLaneT
packages?  Other Scheme's would be second class citizens, but it would be
nice to have SOMETHING to plug into for packages.

Just a thought,
  -Ryan