[racket] install-pkg

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 19 17:30:18 EDT 2010

It isn't clear to me why the functions are doing what they are doing
in some of the details, but I've documented the relevant missing ones
(now pushed, also as below). Here is an example to help you get going.

#lang racket
(require planet/util)
(install-pkg
 (get-package-spec "planet"
                   "test-connection.plt"
                   1 0)
 "test-connection.plt" ;; this is the .plt file (here as a relative path)
 1 0)

Robby

@defproc[(install-pkg [pkg pkg-spec?]
                      [file path-string?]
                      [maj natural-number/c]
                      [min natural-number/c])
         (or/c pkg? #f)]{
 Installs the package represented by the arguments, using
 only the @scheme[pkg-spec-path] and @racket[pkg-spec-name]
 fields of @scheme[pkg].

 Returns a new @racket[pkg-spec?] corresponding to the package
 that was actually installed.