[racket] [The Racket Blog] New comment on Racket.

From: David Brown (plt at davidb.org)
Date: Sat Jun 19 02:20:32 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 01:50:53AM -0400, Eli Barzilay wrote:

>> I'm not sure what Apple's userspace environment is like, since I
>> can't see it, but at least for Android, there would probably be a
>> good amount of work to port Racket to even a compiled app.  The C
>> library present is kind of hand crafted just to meet the needs of
>> Android and is missing a lot of stuff.  Gui stuff would have to be
>> ported to the Android-specific GUI library.
>
>The machine I was trying it on was (IIRC) a plain ubuntu setup,
>nothing as different or as limited as a phone.

You can even run a fairly ordinary Ubuntu on a Nexus One, although it
isn't all that useful as a phone that way.  Some people have expressed
a desire to run Android on top of an ordinary Linux userspace, but I
don't know if any progress has been made in making that happen.

David

Posted on the users mailing list.