[racket] iPhone (Was: [The Racket Blog] New comment on Racket.)

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Jun 18 15:08:33 EDT 2010

1. I cannot agree with Neil more strongly.  I now have a ipad (for
   various reasons), and I think that the most obvious word that comes
   up to my mind seeing it is "fear".  I view a future like John
   describes (computers running only approved apps) as a 1984-ish kind
   of hell -- and I think that if anyone will do it, Apple would
   definitely jump there first.

2. Regardless of all of this, this has very little to do with Racket
   specifically (beyond not being able to run it there, of course).
   There are other platforms where this is likely to be possible (a
   friend told me yesterday about a google nexus device he just got,
   which is apparently running an ubuntu-like environment -- so it
   seems like you can even hack your phone using shell scripts).

3. Please try to keep this on-topic -- I know how this subject can
   explode.