[racket] [plt-scheme] Re: Typed scheme: Cannot apply expression of type Procedure, since it is not a function type

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 16:19:56 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 8:54 PM, keydana at gmx.de <keydana at gmx.de> wrote:

> Oh yes, mea culpa mea culpa mea culpa :-; In fact I wanted to reply you quickly and had little time to try everything out... seems like it went TOO quickly really :-;

Oops, that came across wrong. I meant, "the type defns tell you that,
in case you were confused", not "the type defns tell you that, STUPID"

> OK where's the schedule :-;

1. Reimplement core algorithm in OpenCL
2. Run experiments
3. Write up paper

:-)

> ... The thing is, you probably don't imagine how much time it can take others (me!) to understand, e.g., the arith.rkt snippet ...
> In general, I would say I've found the leap from say, books on / using scheme (including HTDP) to some PLT code I encountered (in blogs / tutorials, for example) too hard in the beginning.

Have you read the Guide? I'm curious to learn where precisely the hole
in the documentation lies. (Racket needs a book, but it has to be the
right kind of book.)

N.

Posted on the users mailing list.