[plt-scheme] Fun with Unicode and delimited continuations

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 4 15:52:48 EDT 2010

On Jun 4, 2010, at 3:39 PM, John Clements wrote:

> I'm still wrestling with what exactly you mean by "first-class" in this context. I think it has something to do with "can't be nicely expressed without lots of yucky mutation."  If there's a paper I should go read, tell me which one it is.

1. Clearly the phrase 'first-class' is nearly meaningless and this discussion has gone that way too.

2. I see that Python recognizes that the coroutine is already running and can't be re-entered. Sad. But that's not the same as grabbing a one-shot continuation and saying it has been run.

3. No, first-class has nothing to do with mutation and difficult to 'get at.' I can't bring myself to use the word 'express' here.

Posted on the users mailing list.