[plt-scheme] Another PLaneT Question

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 2 17:46:34 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Jacob Matthews <jacobm at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> This message tickled a memory, and sure enough, it looks like
> get-info/full in collects/setup/getinfo.ss (which planet uses to find
> a package's info file) looks for a file literally named "info.ss". I'd
> guess that's the issue.

Ah. This is due to the planet server running an ancient version of
plt. Well, the proper fix is more than I can really do right now (ie
bringing planet up to running v5.0 of plt) so I have just hacked the
code in the planet installation and I'll look into doing this fix
properly when I return.

Thanks, Jacob!

BTW, this means that newly uploaded packages should work properly, but
the Doug's package will have the wrong information since it just used
various defaults (since the code incorrectly assumed that the info
file didn't exist at all). You should be able to update the
information about the planet package tho.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.