[racket] syntax, differently

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Jul 31 19:24:03 EDT 2010

On Jul 31, hendrik at topoi.pooq.com wrote:

> It would suffice to change the colour of a parenthesis whenever its
> mate is not at a compatible level of indentation.
>
> Let the programmer decide what has to be done to fix this.  He can
> indicate this by continuing to edit.  He may well let coloured
> parentheses accumulate until he's ready to deal with them.

Just to give an example, I use

  (if E1
    E2
    E3)

religiously (and I have detailed reasons to do so) -- even in DrRacket
where I can't set it to follow this indentation, I fix it manually.
An editor that does anything in response to that (reindents, colors it
in red, makes a sound) would be useless to me.